The beauty and rhythms of natural forms, color, and a desire to explore and challenge myself all inspire my art. I experience a sense of peace and pleasure when drawing the curves of the human body, trees or flowers. To me, they seem amazingly similar.
Realistic depictions of nature or directly expressing my emotions and experiences are not as interesting to me as trying to create something I haven't seen before. I adore bright colors and bold, simple compositions.
Born Lafayette, Indiana 1957
Education Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting Concentration, Indiana University, 1980
- Really Affordable Art Show, 2015, Juried by Carolyn Ramo, Executive Director, Artadia, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Wide Open 5, 2014, Juried by Paulina Pobocha, Assistant Curator, MoMa, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Pier Show 9, 2001, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Pier Show 8, 2000, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Pier Show 7, 1999, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Pier Show 6, 1998, BWAC Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- China-June 4, 1989, 1990, P.S. 1, Long Island City, NY
- Ten Downtown, 1986, 241 Eldridge Street, New York, NY
- Self Portrait, 1982, Kwok Gallery, New York, NY